Ontario Graduate Scholarship (OGS)
The Ontario Graduate Scholarships (OGS) promote excellence in graduate studies at the master's and doctoral levels. OGS awards are merit-based scholarships available to graduate students in all graduate disciplines in Ontario Universities. Eligible students apply for OGS through each university where they may be enrolled in 2014-15.
The Queen’s University OGS competition is open to any eligible graduate student registered in or any eligible applicant to, a graduate program in the School of Graduate Studies. The Queen’s OGS award must be taken up at Queen’s; it is not transferrable to another institution. Please see the information below about How to Apply for a Queen’s University OGS.
Scholarship Value: $15,000 for one academic year, normally paid out in 3 equal installments. The award is not renewable.
- Canadian citizen or permanent resident of Canada*.
- Enrolled in an eligible post-secondary institution in Ontario in 2014-15.
- Enrolled full time an eligible graduate program in 2014-15.
* Visa Students. Foreign students who are studying in Ontario under a temporary resident visa - student study permit, under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (Canada) are eligible for the allotted visa student awards. There will be a separate competition for visa students.
Minimum Academic Requirements for Applicants
- If entering the first or second year of graduate studies at the time of application the student must have an overall average of at least A-, or the equivalent, on the last 20 one-term/semester courses, or the equivalent, completed.
- If the student is entering the third year or beyond of graduate studies at the time of application the student must have an overall average of at least A-, or the equivalent, on all graduate courses completed.
- If master’s or doctoral degree marks used for calculating an applicant’s grade point average (GPA) are not available (for example, courses were graded on a pass-fail basis), then the university’s Graduate Studies Office will use the most recently available undergraduate or graduate marks to calculate a student’s GPA.
Students who do not meet these minimum should not apply, as they will be disqualified.
2014-15 Application Deadline
You must submit your completed 2014-15 OGS application on or before the deadline specified by the department/program you are applying to. The deadline will appear in your OGS application manager once you select your program. Note that different programs have different OGS application deadlines.
How do I Apply?
- The OGS application is web-based. In order to ensure maximum functionality, please confirm that your current browser will support the application by going through the browser check and follow instructions as appropriate
- To access the OGS application please click on the link below, and you will be taken to a registration page.
- Follow the instructions below to set up an OGS application account.
- Then follow the instructions below to complete and submit your 2014-15 OGS application.
- The on screen instructions will also help you successfully complete your application. These instructions appear at the top or bottom of the screen, or wherever a button which read “Click for details” appears.
- To access the OGS online application - https://webapp.queensu.ca/sgs/ogs/offline.php