Resources for Parents and Guardians of Students
These pages are designed to provide you, Queen’s parents and guardians, with information and resources to empower your student to succeed, both academically and personally, at Queen’s.
For current news and campus events, download the latest issue of Queen's Today, a publication for Queen's families.
- March 3: Summer course selection open
- March 7: Last day to apply for accommodation for an exam conflict
- March 9: Daylight Savings
- March 11: Semi-annual distribution of Queen’s Today e-mail. Subscribe...
- March 15: Last date to apply for admission to the upper-year program at the BISC for Summer Term
- March 30: Application to Graduate Due for Spring Convocation; (see schedule)
- Planning travel for the end of term? Students must leave residence immediately after their last exam, not at the end of the month.
- Sending your student a package? Please do not mail anything to Residence after April 1.
- Doing your taxes? Visit the Registrar's website for more information on tuition, education and tax credits.
- Sessional Dates: Specific to faculties/schools...
- Academics: Counselling and study skills workshops...
- Health: Fitness classes...
- Food: Menus with nutritional information...
- Housing: Looking to rent?
- Employment: Jobs in Res / Career Services
- Undergraduate Admission
- Office of the University Registrar: fees, schedules, sessional dates
- Office of the University Registrar: Parent FAQs
- Incoming Students - Next Steps
- Academic Calendars: course descriptions, regulations, key dates
- Financial assistance/student awards
- Income tax forms
- Health and dental insurance
- Submit your Family Contact Form
- Students in Crisis Service Listing
- Safety and Security / Emergency Service Listing
- Student Health 101: The Parent Perspective" published monthly by Health, Counselling and Disability Services. There is also a student issue
- Queen's Learning Commons
- QSuccess: A first-year experience program
- Learning Strategies Development: learning and study skills support
- Information on student development for parents and guardians
- Adaptive Technology Centre
- Academic Integrity
- Student Academic Success Services
- Writing Centre
- Accessibility Hub
- Bounce Back for Arts & Science Students
The Parent's Guide to Queen's Engineering (PDF 3.2 MB)
(available from the Engineering and Applied Science Prospective Student site)