Resources for Parents and Guardians of Students
These pages are designed to provide you, Queen's parents and guardians, with information and resources to empower your student to succeed, both academically and personally, at Queen's.
- April 2: Winter Term classes end
- April 3: Good Friday (university is closed)
- April 4-8: Pre-exam study period
- April 9-25: Exam period
- April 26: Residences close at noon; please note that students are expected to move out 24 hours after their last exam.
- April 30: Deadline for Applications to Graduate in SOLUS for Spring 2015
- April 30: Last day to apply for admission to Distance Studies for Summer Term 2015
- May 1: Tuition fees for 2015 Summer Term courses are due
- May 4: Summer Term classes begin
- May 8: Last day to add Summer Term classes
- May 12: Release date for Winter 2015 grades
- May 12-18: Deadlines for reserving Convocation guest tickets. See our information page for dates specific to each faculty/school
- May 18: Victoria Day (university is closed)
- May 21-June 11: Spring 2015 Convocation
- May 29: Last day to drop Summer Term classes
- May 31: Application deadline for the Summer General Bursary
Fees and deadlines:
Detailed information can be found in the 2014-2015 Guide to Registration and Fees.
You Might be Thinking About...
- Exam prep Learning Strategies offers advising, resources and workshops for all students.
- Doing your taxes Visit the Registrar's website for more information on tuition, education and tax credits.
- Tuition Please note that starting in 2015-16, Queen's is moving to per-term billing for all students. See the Registrar's website for answers to Frequently Asked Questions.
- Student employment Search for Jobs in Res / Career Services
- Student housing The Student Community Relations Office is the place for good advice as your student looks for next year's home. Student housing is abundant in Kingston so there is no need to settle for poor quality or extravagant prices.
- Residence Life Learn more about moving your student out of residence and sign up for Campus Connection, a monthly publication keeping parents informed on what is happening in Residences at Queen’s.
- Your student traveling to and from Kingston Learn more about the Tricolour Express
- Student health Learn more about the Athletics and Recreation Centre
- Student safety See all Student Safety resources and our Safety and Security / Emergency Service Listings
- Undergraduate Admission
- Office of the University Registrar: fees, schedules, sessional dates
- Office of the University Registrar: Parent FAQs
- Incoming Students - Next Steps
- Academic Calendars: course descriptions, regulations, key dates
- Financial assistance/student awards
- Income tax forms
- Health and dental insurance
- Submit your Family Contact Form
- Subscribe to Campus Connection: Residences parent newsletter
- Residences: sub-site for parents
- About meal plans: for students living both on and off campus
- Community Housing Office
- Student-Community Relations: (formerly "Town Gown") bringing students and community together, providing guidance and fostering a spirit of community
- Students in Crisis Service Listing
- Safety and Security / Emergency Service Listing
- Student Health 101: The "Parent Perspective" is published monthly by Health, Counselling and Disability Services.
- Be Well: Healthy Lifestyle Choices for Queen's Students
- Counselling Services
- Disability Services
- Health Services
- Queen's Learning Commons
- QSuccess: A first-year experience program
- Learning Strategies Development: learning and study skills support
- Information on student development for parents and guardians
- Adaptive Technology Centre
- Academic Integrity
- Student Academic Success Services
- Writing Centre
- Accessibility Hub
- Bounce Back for Arts & Science Students
- The Parent's Guide to Queen's Engineering (PDF 3.2 MB)
(available from the Engineering and Applied Science Prospective Student site)
- Queen's University International Centre
- Information on: Arriving in Canada, Living in Kingston, Canadian Taxes, Health Insurance, English Language Support and more.
- Financial Aid for International Students
- Guardianship and Official Documents
- Bader International Study Centre (Herstmonceux)
- Writing Centre for International Students
- Incoming International and Outgoing Exchange information
- NEWTS Orientation (for incoming exchange, international, castle, and transfer students)