Resources for Parents and Guardians of Students
These pages are designed to provide you, Queen's parents and guardians, with information and resources to empower your student to succeed, both academically and personally, at Queen's.
- July 1: Deadline to apply for OSAP. Forms are available online through the Office of the Registrar
- July 4: Q Success Application available
- July 4-21: Summer Orientation to Academics and Resources (SOAR) for incoming first-year students and families
- July 4: Residence Cancellation deadline for partial refund
- July 14-27: Course Selection
You Might be Thinking About...
- Next Steps for your incoming student View to-do lists, organized by month, for incoming first-year students
- Attending SOAR Registration is now open for Summer Orientation to Academics and Resources
- Student housing Find more information on renting in Kingston, moving your student into residence and residence life.
- Fees and deadlines 2014-2015 Guide to Registration and Fees is now available online
- Sessional dates Find dates specific to faculties/schools and visit your student's faculty site for more details.
- Academics Counselling and study skills workshops are available.
- Student health Learn more about the Athletics and Recreation Centre
- Food on campus and meal plans
- Student employment Search for Jobs in Res / Career Services
- Undergraduate Admission
- Office of the University Registrar: fees, schedules, sessional dates
- Office of the University Registrar: Parent FAQs
- Incoming Students - Next Steps
- Academic Calendars: course descriptions, regulations, key dates
- Financial assistance/student awards
- Income tax forms
- Health and dental insurance
- Submit your Family Contact Form
Health and Wellness
- Students in Crisis Service Listing
- Safety and Security / Emergency Service Listing
- Student Health 101: The "Parent Perspective" is published monthly by Health, Counselling and Disability Services.
- Be Well: Healthy Lifestyle Choices for Queen's Students
- Counselling Services
- Disability Services
- Health Services
- Queen's Learning Commons
- QSuccess: A first-year experience program
- Learning Strategies Development: learning and study skills support
- Information on student development for parents and guardians
- Adaptive Technology Centre
- Academic Integrity
- Student Academic Success Services
- Writing Centre
- Accessibility Hub
- Bounce Back for Arts & Science Students
The Parent's Guide to Queen's Engineering (PDF 3.2 MB)
(available from the Engineering and Applied Science Prospective Student site)
Resources and Services
Parents of First-Year Students
Parents of International Students
Queen's University International Centre
- Information on: Arriving in Canada, Living in Kingston, Canadian Taxes, Health Insurance, English Language Support and more.
- Financial Aid for International Students
- Guardianship and Official Documents
- Bader International Study Centre (Herstmonceux)
- Writing Centre for International Students
- Incoming International and Outgoing Exchange information
- NEWTS Orientation (for incoming exchange, international, castle, and transfer students)