Mission, Vision, and Values
To stimulate, enhance and facilitate ethical research and scholarship at Queen's by providing leadership, support and services to advance Queen's position as a research-intensive university, while raising awareness of the excellence of Queen's research and providing accountability to our stakeholders.
In short, we see our goal as:
Helping people achieve excellence in research and scholarship.
To become the foremost University research portfolio in Canada by:
- having highly engaged employees;
- delivering significant value to the Queen's research community;
- influencing the provincial, national and international research agenda.
- We value each other as individuals.
- We value a positive and supportive work environment.
- We treat each other with respect, fairness, honesty, patience, understanding and trust.
- We respect and support each other's desire for a personally acceptable work-life balance.
- We support flexibility in work arrangements while balancing workplace requirements and co-worker needs.
- We recognize and celebrate contributions and accomplishments of our co-workers.
- We provide the best quality service we can.
- We are solution-focused in a positive and creative manner.
- We exhibit professionalism, competence and ethical behavior in all that we do.
- We value professional growth and development.
- We expect open, honest and respectful communication.
- We welcome supportive and constructive feedback.