Raising our International Profile
We will strengthen our international reputation by emphasizing what has built Queen’s enviable national reputation, namely the transformative student learning experience in a research intensive environment. Focused and sustained international student recruitment will be supported by an equally focused and sustained international marketing and communications strategy.
Because our transformative learning experience is so inextricably linked to our research prominence, we will at the same time strive to strengthen our international research collaborations, in part through our membership of the Matariki Network of Universities.
- Develop an international recruitment strategy that will increase the number, proportion and diversity of our undergraduate student population.
- Increase our international research collaboration and research funding from international sources.
- Develop an integrated international marketing and communications plan for the University that supports our international recruiting plan.
- Strengthen our international reputation, while continuing to develop our national profile.
- Promote Queen’s internationally in terms of what we are known for nationally.
- Develop a small number of regional hubs in countries that align well with our international priorities.
- International student engagement: international students as a proportion of the total student body; proportion of students participating in an international educational experience.
- International research engagement: international collaboration index (percent of research publications with at least one international author).