Please enable javascript to view this page in its intended format.

Queen's University

Within Canada

Through a number of existing exchange agreements at the department and faculty level, MPA/PMPA students may pursue off-campus study at another Canadian institution. Specific application and registration procedures are governed by the terms of the formal agreements. A list of such agreements appears below.  For more information, please contact the MPA Program Coordinator. 

Students seeking to enrol in courses at another accredited institution must normally apply for formal admission as a special student to the host institution. On admission, students normally register at the host institution and are subject to the academic norms, including tuition rates, at the host institution. (Students may apply to be exempted from paying tuition fees to Queen's during that period.)

The Ontario Visiting Graduate Student Programpermits graduate students at an Ontario University to enrol in courses at another Ontario university, with the approval of the home and host institutions. Students pay fees to their home institution but are enrolled at the host institution. Application formare available from the School of Policy Studies or the graduate studies office at Ontario universities.

The Royal Military College/Queen's Visiting Graduate Student Agreement permits students from either institution to take courses at the graduate level at the host university for degree credit at their home university. Courses may not be audited. Fees are paid to the home university.

L'Ecole Nationale d'Administration Publique (ENAP)
The School of Policy Studies has a cooperative agreement with L'Ecole Nationale d'Administration Publique, with campuses in Gatineau, Montréal and Quebec City, for students to take courses for degree credit at the other institution. Application forms are available from the School of Policy Studies. Courses may not be audited.  Fees are paid to the home university.

Approval Process for Off-Campus Study

Students seeking to enrol in one or two courses off-campus must submit a formal request, in writing, to the MPA Program Director. A copy of the calendar description of the course and the course outline, if available, should accompany the request. The student may want to consult the MPA Program Coordinator or MPA Program Director prior to submitting a formal request.

If the MPA Program Director supports the request, the School will submit the request, on behalf of the student', to the School of Graduate Studies (SGS) for formal approval to take the off-campus course(s) for degree credit. The SGS will normally confirm formal approval in a letter to the student.

All students completing courses off-campus must arrange to have two copies of their original transcript, showing final grades in courses completed at another institution, sent to the School of Policy Studies. A student must obtain a minimum “B” grade to receive MPA degree credit for courses completed off-campus. 

School of Policy Studies, Robert Sutherland Hall
Kingston, Ontario, Canada. K7L 3N6. 613.533.3020