Pictures have become an increasingly popular way of communicating lots of information quickly and succinctly. We encourage you to use images whenever possible when posting in the various social media platforms as they tend to get the most feedback.
Flickr is a great way to share your pictures (and short videos). Here are some resources to help you get started and get the most out of Flickr:
- Flickr community guidelines
- How do I upload my photos?
- Collection information
- What are tags?
- How do I share my photos?
- Which Creative Commons license is right for you? Use the Creative Commons wizard to choose the license most appropriate to your needs.
- Best Practices for Organizations using Flickr
Latest Flickr update
On May 20th, 2013 a brand new Flickr experience for the desktop and its Android users was announced. The new Flickr comes with a cover photo, a new look for albums — or called a user set — is streamlined in rows. Users get a free terabyte of space so all of images can now be shared in full resolution. Flickr Pro is going away, but Flickr will still offer upgrades for users. For $49.99 a year, users can remove ads from the Flickr experience. This doesn't add any other features; it just removes ads.