Orientation - 2013/14 Academic Year
Whether you are a new or current student, as your academic year approaches, there is lots for you to do to get ready. Below is a summary of tasks and events to help you start your graduate degree with as much information as possible.
NB: Don't forget to keep checking back for updates
Checklist for new graduate students
- Acceptance of offer - new students, don't forget to respond to our offer of admission and let us know if you have accepted our offer.
- Pay your tuition fees- confirm your method of payment by the deadlines set.
- Registration for students - Graduate courses are normally selected in consultation with your supervisor and/or departmental graduate coordinator.
- Medical Insurance - international students, you & your dependents must sign up for UHIP immediately upon arrival.
- Find a place to live - Queen's has graduate housing both on and off campus. These places fill quickly and have deadlines to apply. Don't waste time, look now.
- Familiarize yourself with what graduate student support systems Queen's has to offer
- International Students take note of the information on the QUIC website for incoming students
- Mark your calendars for graduate and program specific orientations.
NB: if you were unable to attend the information session - "Strategies to Success", you can watch it on this website!