Education Master's Degree Resources
All files are in PDF format, which can be viewed using Adobe Reader.
Resources for Master's Exams
- Oral Examination Procedures (70 KB)
- Masters. Examination Forms (389 KB)
- Oral Exam Form
- Oral Exam Result Form
- Conduct Form
Resources for Chairs
- Notes for Chairing & Conducting Oral Thesis Examinations (52 KB)
- Checklist for Chairs (29 KB)
- Conduct Form (452 KB)
Resources for Examiners and Supervisors
- Thesis Formatting (167 KB)
All graduate theses or dissertations MUST conform to the minimum style and form requirements as detailed in the General Forms of Theses.
Note: There are a couple of templates that have been designed to assist students in formatting their theses according to the Thesis Formatting and Preparation guidelines.
- Regulations & Report Form (57 KB)
Note: Examiners are not required to submit reports on the thesis prior to the oral thesis examination, unless they wish to submit a "negative report"; that is, if it is their opinion that the oral thesis examination should NOT proceed (see #5 Oral Exam Procedures). If no negative report is submitted, it is presumed that the examiner agrees that the oral thesis examination should be held as scheduled and that they will attend the oral thesis examination.
Forms students must submit prior to oral exam:
Your student must submit the following forms, completed and signed prior to the oral examination.
- UMI Form for Humanities & Social Sciences (47 KB)
- Theses Non-Exclusive License form (Library and Archives Canada) (98 KB)
- Permission of Co-Authors Form (if applicable) (169 KB)
IMPORTANT NOTE: Once the FINAL thesis is submitted electronically and approved by the School of Graduate Studies, and the student has NOT selected the option to "restrict from publication", the thesis will be available on QSpace worldwide within minutes.