Office of the University Registrar Newsletter - November 2013
November means lots of study, finishing assignments and lots of time in the library. It also means beautiful, crisp fall days and the last of the fall leaves.`
Why not take a brief break and check out what you might need to be doing this month.
- Finding it hard to make ends meet? This year’s Fall/Winter General Bursary application is open. The deadline was October 31st, but you can still apply.
- Fall 2013 Graduation is coming! Ceremonies take place November 19th and 20th at Grant Hall. Have you met your degree requirements and are ready to graduate in the Fall? It’s time to order your hood and gown for the ceremony – the AMS is taking orders online until November 7th.
- The complete schedule for Spring 2014 Convocation will be available on the Convocation website November 13th. Students planning on graduating this Spring will be able to apply via SOLUS beginning December 1st.
- Printable Student Fee Statements are now available through SOLUS. Statements come in a PDF format and can be produced by term. For more information, as well as navigation instructions, visit our information page for more.
- Please update your emergency contact information in SOLUS. We use this to get in touch with whoever you list in case of an emergency and it is extremely important. Check out the screenshots to learn what to do.
- Download Sequre, the Queen’s University Student Safety App, to access many of the university’s safety resources with the push of a button. Visit the student safety website for more on and off campus safety info!
- Microsoft Lync is a free service now available to all students. Lync is a collaboration tool with IM, chat and audio/video conferencing features that is fully integrated with Queen's email and calendar service. For more information, please see the service announcement on the ITServices website.
- Your December exam timetable (times only) has been posted in SOLUS. If you have an exam conflict or need special accommodation, arrangements need to be made by November 7th.
- The last day to drop a fall term class on SOLUS for a partial refund is Nov 1st . After that, you will need to appeal for a late drop through your faculty.
- Registration for the Winter term at the BISC is now open! Check out the list of courses.
- The end of Fall Term is the last date for new incoming students to have Advanced Placement, International Baccalaureate, French Baccalaureat and GCE final results for courses you took in high school to be assessed for Transfer Credit, is.
- If you have not previously had these results assessed and would like them to be, please print the Transfer Credit Request form, available online, and submit it to the Client Service Desk on the second floor of Gordon Hall. Forms are also available at the Client Service Desk in Gordon Hall. Requests received after the end of Fall Term of your first year at Queen’s will not be considered.
- Interested in Orientation? The Senate Orientation Activities Review Board is looking for undergraduate students to participate. Terms start in January and the deadline to apply for a spot is November 9th.
If you need help, click on CONTACT US. You can email us, call us, or come in to see us in Gordon Hall