Office of the University Registrar - March 2014 Newsletter
You’re almost there! April, and exams, will be here before you know it. This newsletter has information about exams, and lots of other important information and things to do!
To serve you better, the reception desks for Student Awards and Records & Services have been unified and we are happy to serve you from our new, combined reception desk on the ground floor of Gordon Hall, Rm. 125 (formerly the Records & Services reception desk) beginning Monday, March 3rd.
- Whether you need a new student card or have a question about your General Bursary (or maybe both!) you will find us in the same location.
- The good news? Our email addresses and phone extensions remain the same. The best news? You will be able to conduct all your business with the Registrar’s Office in one location.
- The Application to Graduate in Spring 2014 is open. Check your Faculty timeline (click on “Step 1”) to know when you must apply to graduate. Already applied? Have you indicated how many guests you are bringing and ordered guest tickets? You can do this in “Maintain Convocation details” in SOLUS. Further information including your deadline is available on the web at http://queensu.ca/registrar/currentstudents/convocation.html and click on Information for Graduates.
- Heads up – don’t use Google Chrome when submitting your application to graduate! Firefox or Internet Explorer are a safer bet.
- The deadline to file taxes is quickly approaching!
- Your T2202A will be posted in SOLUS on February 28th. Information on your T2202A is at this link .
- Remember - scholarships, bursaries, and awards received in 2013 are considered income by the CRA. T4As for these things have been mailed to you.
- The April exam schedule is posted. Requests related to official exam conflicts or special accommodations should be made by March 7th.
- Your mail needs you – help it find its way! Don’t miss one important document. Update your address on SOLUS today!
- BISC Summer School, Specialize Programs and Field schools are still open for students! You can also start your 2014 year at the Castle! Check out the new Fall 2014 Course offerings today! Contact BISC Admission Team for more information email@example.com
- Have you applied to graduate, but plan to take a class next summer? Contact the Arts & Science Faculty office and ask to be admitted into a post-degree program.
- Summer Term registration opens Monday, March 3rd. Choose your classes today
- Remember to change the career to “Distance” when searching for courses to choose.
- Graduating this year? Nominations close on March 2nd for the 2014 Baillie Award for Excellence in Secondary School Teaching. If you are an undergraduate student in your last year of study at Queen's, please take the time to nominate a high school teacher who had a positive influence on you. Teacher-recipients will each receive $5,000 and will be invited to your convocation to receive their award.Submit your nomination now! The deadline for nominations is this Sunday March 2nd at 11:59 p.m.
Make sure you keep tabs on the Society of Graduate and Professional Students’ website to stay in the loop on events and deadlines.
Add the SGS’s blog, written by fellow grad students, to your reader for an inside scoop on grad-related happenings on campus.
If you need help, click on CONTACT US. You can email us, call us, or come in to see us in Gordon Hall!