Office of the University Registrar - February 2014 Newsletter
Now that you’re back in the swing of things, take a 30 second break to see if any of the quick notes below apply to you!
- The Application to Graduate in Spring 2014 is now open. Check your Faculty timeline (click on “Step 1”) to know when you must apply to graduate.
- Heads up – don’t use Google Chrome when submitting your application to graduate! Firefox or Internet Explorer are a safer bet.
- If you are planning to attend your ceremony you must let us know the number of guests you plan to bring and for most ceremonies tickets are required. Please go to “Maintain Convocation details” in SOLUS. The deadlines and full details are available at http://www.queensu.ca/registrar/currentstudents/convocation.html and click on ‘Information for Graduates’.
- You (or your parents) are soon going to need your T2202A to file your taxes! Send your parents this link if they’re asking about it. Your 2013 T2202A will be posted in SOLUS February 28th.
- Scholarships, bursaries and awards received in 2013 are considered income by the CRA. (Please note: Under normal circumstances the full amount of scholarships, bursaries or awards are not subject to federal tax and are no longer reported as income on your federal tax return if they were earned by you as a student enrolled in a program that entitles you to claim the education amount.) T4As will be mailed to students by February 28, 2014. Further information about T4A’s can be found here.
- Your mail needs you – help it find its way! Don’t miss one important document. Update your address on SOLUS today!
- Refunds will go into your bank account automatically this month if you have a credit in your SOLUS account (and are eligible for the refund), but make sure your banking information is up-to-date in SOLUS so your money goes to the right place!
- The April exam schedule will be up in SOLUS before Reading Week. Requests related to official exam conflicts or special accommodations should be made by March 7.
- Apply to serve on a Senate committee and help to govern your University!
- BISC Summer School, Specialize Programs and Field schools are still open for students! You can also start your 2014 year at the Castle! Check out the new Fall 2014 Course offerings today! Contact BISC Admission Team for more information email@example.com
- Now that your email account has been migrated, you are part of the Global Address List at Queen’s. Not sure what that is or how to opt out? Take a look at the ITS website for details.
- Still owe fees to Queen’s? To avoid service charges, click here to learn how to make a payment.
- Have you applied to graduate, but plan to take a class next summer? Contact the Arts & Science Faculty office to be admitted into a post-degree program.
If you need help, click on CONTACT US. You can email us, call us, or come in to see us in Gordon Hall!