Office of the University Registrar Newsletter - December 2013
The fall term is nearing completion, with the holiday break soon to follow.
While you’re taking a study break, be sure to check out what you might need to be doing this month.
- Printable Student Fee Statements are now available through SOLUS. Statements come in a PDF format and can be produced by term. For more information, as well as navigation instructions, visit our information page for more.
- The complete schedule for Spring 2014 Convocation is now available on the Convocation website. Students planning on graduating this Spring will be able to apply via SOLUS beginning December 1st. Step-by-step Instructions can be found on our ‘Applying for Graduation’ page.
Please remember not to use Google Chrome to access SOLUS as some compatibility issues have been identified.
- Finding it hard to make ends meet? This year’s Fall/Winter General Bursary application is open. The deadline was October 31st , but you can still apply. General Bursary decisions will be viewable on SOLUS-View Financial Aid in late December provided that you have submitted your application by the deadline.
- Please update your emergency contact information in SOLUS. It doesn’t take long for you to do it and we use this to get in touch with whoever you list in case of an emergency. Check out the screenshots to learn how.
- Updating your income for OSAP : When you applied for your 2013-14 OSAP you estimated your income. Now it’s time to update your income so that it reflects what you actually earned. It also lets you provide a better estimate of any earnings you expect while in school. You can update your income by logging into your account on the OSAP website and clicking on the “Update Income” link.
- Download Sequre, the Queen’s University Student Safety App, to access many of the university’s safety resources with the push of a button. Visit the student safety website for more on and off campus safety info!
- In January, students will be able to download and install Microsoft Office applications for free! Queen's is one of the few universities that meet Microsoft’s criteria: Office 365 licensed for students, and Microsoft Office purchased for all faculty and staff. This means that students will be able to use Office applications (including Word, Excel and PowerPoint) for the duration of their time at Queen's. ITServices will make an announcement once the software is available.
- Your December exam schedule has been posted in SOLUS. Don’t forget to bring your Queen’s Photo ID to every exam!
- Still owe fees to Queen’s? To avoid racking up service charges, click here to learn how to make a payment.
- Are your parents driving you crazy to get the RESP form completed? You can access the Verification of Enrolment (VOE) forms from your SOLUS account. (On the "Student Center" tab, in the drop-down menu under the "Academics", select "Enrollment Verification"). VOE is created using an authorized logon protocol, therefore a University signature and/or seal is NOT required. Further information is available here.
If you need help, click on CONTACT US. You can email us, call us, or come in to see us in Gordon Hall