Office of the University Registrar - December 2012 Newsletter
The term is in the home stretch and the winter break is almost here! While you’re taking a study break, check out what you might need to be doing this month.
- Finding it hard to make ends meet? This year’s Fall/Winter General Bursary application is open. The deadline was October 31, but you can still apply. General Bursary decisions will be viewable on SOLUS-View Financial Aid in late December provided that you have submitted your application by the deadline.
- Please update your emergency contact information in SOLUS. It doesn’t take long for you to do it and we use this to get in touch with whoever you list in case of an emergency. Check out the screenshots to learn how.
- We will start accepting applications for Spring 2013 graduation December 1st. Check your Faculty timeline (click on “Step 1”) to know when you must apply to graduate.
- Updating your income for OSAP: When you applied for your 2012-13 OSAP you estimated your income. Now it’s time to update your income so that it reflects what you actually earned. It also lets you provide a better estimate of any earnings you expect while in school. You can update your income by logging into your account on the OSAP website and clicking on the “Update Income” link.
- Your December exam schedule has been posted in SOLUS. Don’t forget to bring your Queen’s Photo ID to every exam!
- Still owe fees to Queen’s? To avoid racking up service charges, click here to learn how to make a payment.
- Are your parents driving you crazy to get the RESP form completed? You can access the Verification of Enrolment (VOE) forms from your SOLUS account. (On the "Student Center" tab, in the drop-down menu under the "Academics", select "Enrollment Verification"). VOE is created using an authorized logon protocol, therefore a University signature and/or seal is NOT required. Further information is available here.
- Email accounts for undergraduate students are going to be migrated to the cloud in early 2013! To see what this means for you, check out the info on the IT Services page.
If you need help, click on CONTACT US. You can email us, call us, or come in to see us in Gordon Hall!