Missing Photo ID Procedure
Students writing an exam without a Queen's Student Photo ID card will be assessed a fine of $50.00 per exam.
: Continuing Distance Studies (section 700) students who have not been issued a student card by the Office of the University Registrar. Students will be subject to the process as outlined in Steps 1, 2 and 3 below, but if no student card has been issued, no charge will be levied.
In April 2000 , the Senate Committee on Academic Procedures, Sub-committee on Exams changed the procedure to identify students at exams. If a student does not have a Queen’s Student Photo ID Card at an exam, the following procedure will apply:
- The student’s attendance card will be stamped "NO QUEEN’S PHOTO ID".
- The student will be directed by a proctor to the Chief Proctor or Associate Proctor who will take a photograph of the student. The student will be asked to put their name, student number, course and number of the exam on a form. The personal information on the form is collected under the Royal Charter of 1841, as amended. The information collected will be used by the Office of the Registrar to verify the identity of exam candidates who did not bring their Queen's Student Photo ID to a mid-year or final examination.
- The Exams Office will have the photo checked against the University's Photo Identification computer picture to verify that the student is actively registered in the course. If any discrepancies are found, the Exams Office will notify the professor of the course.
- A fine of $50.00 per exam will be charged and added as a debt the following working day after the exam(s) is written. The Senate Policy on Student Debtors applies. You may pay this fine:
- In person in the Office of the University Registrar, Gordon Hall, Rm. 125 (cash, cheque, debit or money order only), or
- By mailing your cheque to: Exams Administrator, Office of the University Registrar, Rm. 110, Gordon Hall, 74 Union St., Queen’s University, Kingston, Ontario, K7L 3N6.
Please make your cheque or money order payable to Queen’s University and in the memo section of your cheque indicate the following ‘your student number/MID Fine’.