QUBS - Mandate & Goals
To provide opportunities for teaching and research in biology and related sciences; and to use active stewardship and best management practices to conserve local terrestrial and aquatic environments, and biodiversity.
Specific Mission Statements & Goals
- Providing a dynamic and supportive environment for leading-edge research spanning, but not limited to, conservation, ecology, evolution and environmental studies.
- Supporting and developing undergraduate and graduate courses in field biology, environmental biology and related sciences.
- Acquiring, and protecting in perpetuity representative and/or significant properties, habitats and ecosystems near the field station.
- Providing locally obtained data and electronic resources on climate, the physical environment and biodiversity and making these available through a Geographical Information System and data/information archives.
- Acting as a liaison between university researchers and the local community, and a conduit for dissemination of natural history and scientific knowledge.
- Engaging in outreach to foster public awareness of environmental and conservation issues.