We will customize a program for you!
We partner with with various departments at Queen’s University to offer exclusive content-based learning opportunities for language learning groups. Each short-term, non-credit course is delivered in English and combines subject-area content with language support to make for a dynamic language and content learning experience.
A program can be entirely tailored to the course needs of a specific group including both timing and content. The program can also be an overlay program in which tailored groups are incorporated into parts of our existing programs concurrently with customized classes tailored to specific group needs. We have provided many institutions with successful programs of all types.
Download Tailored Catalogue (1.21 MB)
- Submit a student chart when sending an email request
- All group participants must complete their individual online application form- please add which University you belong to in the comments section
- Pay the invoice to Queen’s and email us your payment notification
- Receive your Letter of Acceptance from us
- Obtain your visa, if applicable, and book your trip to Queen's University
Download Student Chart (Word, 87 KB)
We can create general English language programs that cover the four language skills: reading, writing, speaking and listening and include vocabulary expansion, and pronunciation comprehensibility.Tailored programs can also be very specialized. Some examples of tailored programs can be found below:
- Teaching English as a Second/Foreign Language
- Musical Theatre
- Development Studies
- History of Kingston and Canada
- Canadian Economics
- World Religions
- Ancient Greek and Roman Civilization and Archaeology
- Art History
- Gender in Popular Culture
- Bilingual Course in French Canadian and Quebec Culture and History
Foreign Credit Transfer Program
Foreign Credit transfer is an excellent way for overseas institutions to provide their students with a semester abroad for English language study while still allowing them to earn credit in their home program of study. Most often this is done through enrolment in our regular EAP program. However, for groups of students we can also tailor programs that will meet the home institution's requirements for study abroad semesters and/or foreign credit transfer. We are happy to provide institutions with all relevant and necessary documentation for home institution credit transfer.
Email us for more information or to request for a specific program.