Instructors and administrators at the School of English are among the most highly qualified ESL practitioners in Canada. Many have graduate degrees in TESL, education, applied linguistics and other related fields.
All instructors must have one or more of the following qualifications:
- TESL Ontario certification or equivalent, or
- An undergraduate degree as well as one or more of the following qualifications:
- BEd with a minimum of one AQ (Additional Qualification) course in TESL
- Master's degree in a relevant field (TESL, Education, Applied Linguistics), which must include a practicum component of 20 hours or more.
All instructors have teaching experience in:
- An intensive academic EAP course at the university level (English for Academic Purposes/EAP), and/or
- Teaching English to adult learners in an ESL program.
- Demonstrated understanding of teaching methodologies applicable to an integrated teaching/learning EAP program
- Demonstrated fluency and accuracy in written and oral communication in English
Our Socio-Cultural Monitors
All socio-cultural monitors are current Queen's undergraduate students, who work at QSoE part-time. Our monitors are energetic and enthusiastic individuals with cross-cultural experience. All monitors hold current certification of first aid.