English Language Instructors
There are currently no employment opportunities available.
Teaching assignments at Queen’s School of English (QSoE) require an exceptional communicator with cross-cultural awareness, sensitivity, and an understanding of teaching methodologies suitable for adult learning in an integrated skills classroom. Instructors working at QSoE plan, teach and assess English language courses for international students in a variety of programs.
QSoE teaching positions are short-term and do not necessarily constitute on-going employment with the School of English.
For complete details on the education and experience required of applicants to teaching positions at the School of English, please consult the information below.
Applicants should have one or more of the following qualifications.
- TESL Ontario Language Instructor Accreditation or equivalent, or
- BEd with a minimum of one AQ (Additional Qualification) course in ESL, or
- Master's degree in a relevant field (TESL, Education, Applied Linguistics)
Please note, options 2 and 3 require a practicum component of 20 hours or more teaching adults.
Preference will be given to qualified candidates who have one or more of the following:
- Successful teaching experience in an intensive academic ESL course at the university level (English for Academic Purposes/EAP)
- Successful teaching experience in another ESL program (not an EAP Program)
- Successful experience teaching English to adult learners
- Successful experience teaching in a cross-cultural or multi-cultural environment
The University thanks all who express an interest in this position and advises that only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
The University invites applications from all qualified individuals. Queen's is committed to employment equity and diversity in the workplace and welcomes applications from women, visible minorities, Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities, and persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity.