Re-admission Requirements for Returning Students
Request For Re-admission Policy
The Re-admission Policy applies to those students in English for Academic Purposes (EAP) program who have left Queen's School of English under the following circumstances:
- Student attempted a level twice and was unsuccessful
- Student achieved less than 50% in core class in one session
- Student withdrew from his or her program before graduation without acceptable documentation of illness or family emergency
- Student was asked to leave due to attendance or conduct issues
Such students may apply for re-admission after a minimum absence of one session and the successful completion of the re-admission process as outlined below. Each application for re-admission will be reviewed before acceptance is granted.
Students must submit a Request for Re-admission form at least two weeks prior to the start date of the session in which they wish to enroll.
Re-admission Application Form (413KB)
This application will include:
- An account of English study or activity undertaken during the break from studies at QSoE
- A statement of intent which includes an explanation of why the student feels the QSoE program is now appropriate for them
- Payment of a Request for Re-Admission fee: $75.00 CDN
- Writing of the QSoE placement test
Once all of the above are complete, the request for re-admission will be reviewed by a committee which will include one impartial instructor. If no significant change has been made in the student's ability, intent, or focus, the request may be denied.
If accepted, the student will be notified and arrangements will be made for testing.
The results of the placement test will determine the level at which the student will be enrolled.
Please note that this level could be below the level previously attended.
If the student's request is approved but the student decides not to enroll at QSoE, the Request for Re-Admission fee is non-refundable.