Stage 7: Creating a work plan
Early in the dissertation process, create a work plan to help you manage your time, set goals, and work productively during the many stages of the dissertation. As your project evolves, assess and renegotiate your work plan as necessary.
Creating a work plan will help you to:
- Break down the large, overwhelming process of writing a dissertation into manageable steps
- Keep a "daily commitment" with your dissertation
- Discover and take advantage of your most productive work habits
- Set goals and reward yourself for achieving them
- Balance dissertation writing with the other aspects of your life