University recognizes staff contributions
Staff Appreciation Day kicks off on December 2 with free hot beverages for staff at the university’s food outlets. By showing their staff card, staff members can receive a complimentary cup of coffee, tea, or hot chocolate courtesy of Queen’s administration at Mackintosh-Corry, Queen’s Centre, Botterell Hall, Biosciences Complex, Goodes Hall, Stauffer Library, the Lazy Scholar, and West Campus cafeterias.
“Staff Appreciation Day officially recognizes the contributions that staff members make to Queen’s reputation of excellence,” says Julie Mekarski, director of organizational development and learning. “It is an opportunity for the university to show its appreciation in a formal way.”
Staff members are invited to attend a workshop during the day on managing priorities. The workshop entitled Priority Management: How to do More with Less Stress will be facilitated by Enette Pauzé.
The first workshop session from 10 to 11:30 am will be repeated from 1:30 to 3 pm. Register for the workshop online or by calling ext. 74187.
In addition to these activities, staff members are invited to attend the annual Principal’s Reception with Principal Daniel Woolf in Grant Hall beginning at 11:30 am. Principal Woolf will present Staff Recognition Awards to seven individuals and one team chosen from 16 peer nominations at 12:30 pm.
This year’s winners are:
• Monica Corbett, School of Graduate Studies
• Jerry R. Dering, Microbiology and Immunology
• Spring Forsberg, Faculty of Arts and Science
• Irene High, Office of the University Registrar
• Janet F. LeSarge, Pharmacology and Toxicology
• Karen Pearce, Athletics and Recreation
• Diane Sommerfeld, Biochemistry
• School of Kinesiology and Health Studies team: Kathy Jackson, Angie Maltby, Melody Monte, Josie Birchall, Trish Stenzl, Tim Dowker and Sherri Ferris.
Staff members are automatically entered into a draw that will occur in the afternoon for prizes donated by senior administration.