Senate Task Force gets to work
The Senate Task Force charged with writing the university’s Academic Plan is now up and running.
Chaired by Professor Peter Taylor (Mathematics and Statistics, Biology, Education), its members are:
• Petra Fachinger (German, Gender Studies, Cultural Studies, Senator)
• Mark Jones (English, Senator)
• Vicki Remenda (Geological Sciences and Geological Engineering, Senator)
• William Flanagan (Dean, Faculty of Law, Senator)
• Steve Tanner (Faculty of Engineering and Applied Science, staff)
• Chris Rudnicki (Philosophy, BAH '11, AMS VP University Affairs)
• Iain Reeve (Political Studies, PhD '13, Senator)
The group met for the first time last week and is developing a schedule that aims to have the Academic Plan completed by the end of April.
“I see the Plan building directly on the ideas, priorities and directions put forward in the Principal’s vision document, Where Next and discussed and expanded in the Academic Writing Team’s report, Imagining the Future,” says Dr. Taylor.
Dr. Taylor says the group will consult with the community at large and with targeted groups of people, and will set up an interactive webpage that will include regular updates and reports for comment.