Lists can be embedded in your web pages as easily as they can be added to a word processing document.
Choose between ordered and unordered lists; nest list under parent lists; and changing the properties of a list by changing what format is used for a number or bullet.
Create an Ordered List
- Select the Ordered list icon
- Your first number will be placed on the screen
- Note: if you already had text that you want to format as a order list, click the mouse anywhere in the text and click the ordered (or unordered) list icon.
- Right mouse click in the list and select Numbered List Properties
- The Numbered List Properties screen will open
- Select the number you want your list to Start with
- Select the Type of numbering you want your list to be displayed in
- Your selections will be displayed
Create an Unordered List
- Position the cursor on on the text or blank space to become an Unorder list item
- Select the Unordered list icon
- The number will switch to a bullet
- Right mouse click anywhere in the bulleted text
- Select Bulleted List Properties from the flyout menu
- The Bulleted List Properties screen will open
- Select the Type of bullet to use
- The selection will be displayed in the Type field
Create a Nested List
- Nested list can be the same as their parent list or they can be mixed
- Add items to your list
- Add a blank item (or choose one already created)
- With the cursor positioned in the blank item:
- Click the indent button
- The list item will be indented
- Click the unordered list icon to switch the nested list to bullets
- Continue adding items until the list is complete
- When the list is complete click the list icon to unselect it and end the list
- Continue adding text to the page
Note: when creating a list you can switch to the nested list and out again by clicking the increase indent and decrease indent buttons.