Publish or Unpublish a Page
Site Administrators and Publishers can Publish or Unpublish a page.
Each page has three moderation states:
- Draft - when a page is first created it is in Draft state. A Draft page is only visible on the authoring site.
- Needs Review - when the page has been created and is ready to be published it can be placed in a Needs Review state for someone with the Publisher role or Site Administrator role to publish.
- Published - a published page is viewable by everyone by accessing the live page. A page that has already been published can be set to the Needs Review state. This page would continue to have a published version that was visible by the public and a draft that could be edited. To remove a page from the live site it needs to be unpublished. Once unpublished it can be edited or deleted.
In WebPublish everything you need to know about a page is displayed at the top of the page. There is a tabs menu at the top of the page that allow the user to View Published (if the page is published), View Draft, Edit draft, Moderate, and Clone content (Copy). The tabs available will increase and decrease depending on the revision state of the page. Directly below the tabs menu is a shaded area that shows the Revision state, whether this is the current draft, and the Actions that can be taken.
Publishing a Page
Publishing a Page can be done from Several areas:
- On the View Draft tab in the revision area of the page
- On the Moderate tab for the page
- From the Workbench, Needs Review tab
- Go to the page you wish to publish
- Click the View Draft tab to select it
- In the revision area, from the Set moderation state: drop down menu select Published
- Click the Apply button
- Note: you now have a View Published tab
- Go to the Moderate tab
- The current draft is displayed with a pink background
- From the Set Moderation state: drop down menu select Published.
- Click the Apply button.
- Go to My Workbench
- Click the Needs Review tab
- Locate the page within the list
- In the Set Moderation State column select Change to Published
Unpublish a Page
When a page is unpublished it is removed from the public web site. It can only be viewed in the authoring environment.
A page can be unpublished in two locations:
- from the View published tab
- from the Moderate tab
- On the View published tab
- From Actions: click Unpublish this revision
- A page can be unpublished from the Moderate tab
- Locate the published revision (this revision will have a green background to make identifying easier)
- Click the Unpublish link
- Whether the page is unpublished from the View Published or the Moderate tab the Unpublish screen will open
- The question Are you sure that you want to unpublish the live revision of this content? is asked
- Set the Moderation state to Needs Review or Draft
- Click the Unpublish button