Moving a Menu Tab or Page Using the Structure Menu
Site Administrators can move a page without unpublishing it after it has been published.
Publishers and Editors can move an unpublished page.
If you would like to have a menu tab moved to another location this can be done in two ways.
- From the Structure menu - Site Administrator only
- The menu tab and all pages below it will be moved. Pages do not need to be unpublished first.
- By saving the page to a new location.
- Page must be unpublished first.
- Child pages will not be moved with the parent, they will move up one level and possible become tabs on the main menu
- Publisher can unpublish and move a page, Editor can move a page.
- See the Moving a Page tutorial.
Moving a Menu Tab or Page using the Structure menu
- From the Management menu bar select Structure
- The Structure menu will open
- The Menus screen will open
- from the Main menu section select list links
- The Menu Link page will open
- Scroll down and locate the tab or page you want to move
- Click and hold the "crosshairs" beside the name and drag the file to its new location. Drop the file.
- Make sure the web page is in the correction location. If you moved the crosshair to the right, the page would be moved under another tab.
- Scroll to the bottom of the screen
- Click the Save configuration button
- Click Home
- The Tab has now been moved to it's new location.