Moving a Page to a New Location
Site Administrators and Publishers can move a Published page.
Editors can move an unpublished page
When you need to move a page it can be done easily.
- Look at the breadcrumbsfor the file
- Note that the file is not listed in the sidebar menu under the breadcrumbs. This is because the page has not been published.
- If the page is publishedit will need to be unpublishedbefore it can be moved.
- To move this page to the new location click on Editdraft tab
- TheEdit draft page will open
- Scroll to the bottom of the page
- Note that in our screen shot the current Parent item is --Dough
- Click the down arrow to expand the list
- Choose the menutab you would like to move the page under
- Note you could move the page under another child page, nesting the pages.
- Select a Weightfor the page
- The smaller the weight number the closer to the top of the menu the page will be
- When assigning number allow space for new pages to be inserted without having to re-number all the pages
- If a weight is not supplied, 0 will be assigned. Multiple pages with the same weight will be sorted alphabetically.
- Click the Save button
- The page has been moved
- The breadcrumbsfor the page have now changed
- Once published, the page will appear in the drop down menu and the Sidebar Menu (TUTORIALS) of the tab menu.