Our web conferencing solution, Elluminate Live! is currently being rebranded as Blackboard Collaborate. Please consider the two names synonymous until this change is complete.
Web conferencing is intended for live, multimedia, many-to-many collaboration. Use our tool, Elluminate Live!, to hold virtual office hours and tutorials, host meetings, and even give lectures. Capabilities include whiteboarding, chat, video, audio, file transfer, screen sharing, remote desktop sharing, polling and the ability to record a session for later use. Each session is able to hold 100 people.
- The web conferencing service is available to all faculty and staff, and to students who have a staff/faculty sponsor.
- Please contact the IT Support Centre if you would like to request a web conferencing (Elluminate Live!) account.
- Single-use accounts can be purchased at a cost of $20. Single-use accounts provide you with one meeting that can be up to 24 hours in length.
- Multi-use accounts can be purchased at a cost of $200/semester. Multi-use accounts allow you to schedule mutiple non-concurrent meetings over the course of a semester.
- All accounts must be paid for with a Queen's account code. This is why a staff/faculty sponsor is required for students.
Help & Support