Software Version Control System (SVN)
Version control allows users to keep track of changes made over time to any type of digital data. Typical uses are versioning source code, web pages or design documents. This service is provided using Subversion, open source version control software.
Who Can Have It?
- Queen's University Departments that have technical resources are eligible for this service.
Are there any costs?
How Do I Get It?
- Once the online form above has been filled out, the individual or group will be provided with a code repository.
- Code repositories are secure and NetID authenticated.
- The code repository servers are mirrored, providing near real time backup for redundancy.
- ITServices preforms incremental backups nightly to facilitate a disaster recovery of service.
- The targeted availability of this service is twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week (24x7).
Service Level Objective
Please see the links below for Service Level Objectives:
Governing IT Policies
Users of this service are governed by the following policies, failure to comply may result, at a minimum, with suspension of service:
Help & Support
- Contact the IT Support Centre for assistance at 613.533.6666 or fill out an Online Help Form.