Off-Premises Queen's Telephone Service
Locations that are not directly connected to a Queen’s campus (Main, West or Innovation Park) are referred to as ‘off-premise’.
Queen’s departments that move to off-premise office space in Kingston will continue to receive Queen’s telephone services provided by ITServices. This service allows access to same set of features that are available to telephone services located on-premise.
Who Can Have It?
Queen's University departments located in Kingston
Are there any costs?
Regular campus rates for telephone services apply.
In addition, there will be monthly charges for connecting the off-premise location to the campus networks.
Please refer to our page on
How Do I Get It?
- Inquiries and orders should be placed through the ITAdmin Rep.
- Services are provided using third party telecommunications providers. Lead times for installation and repair may be longer than for comparable on-campus services.
- Selection of telephone sets may be limited by available circuit quality.
The telephone service will allow the department to:
- Keep their Queen’s 613-533-xxxx and 7xxxx telephone numbers
- Continue to use Queen’s voicemail system
- Continue to use 5 digit dialing
- Continue to use system features such as forward, conference & ring again
- Receive support from ITServices
Please see the availability web page.
Service Level Objective
Please see the links below for Service Level Objectives:
Governing IT Policies
Users of this service are governed by the following policies, failure to comply may result, at a minimum, with suspension of service:
Help & Support
Contact the ITServices Support Centre at 613.533.6666 during business hours or by filling out the online help form.