Off-Premises Queen's Telephone Service
Locations that are not directly connected to a Queen’s campus (Main, West or Innovation Park) are referred to as ‘off-premise’.
Queen’s departments that move to off-premise office space in Kingston will continue to receive Queen’s telephone services provided by ITServices.
The telephone service will allow the department to:
- Keep their Queen’s 613-533-xxxx and 7xxxx telephone numbers
- Continue to use Queen’s voicemail system
- Continue to use 5 digit dialling
- Continue to use system features such as forward, conference & ring again
- Receive support from ITServices
- Queen’s departments in Kingston. Inquiries and orders should be placed through the ITAdmin Rep.
- Services are provided using third party telecommunications providers. Lead times for installation and repair may be longer than for comparable on-campus services.
- Selection of telephone sets may be limited by available circuit quality.
- Regular campus rates for telephone services apply. In addition, there will be monthly charges for connecting the off-premise location to the campus networks. Please refer to our page on Service Fees for details.
- Allows access to same set of features that are available to telephone services located on-premise.
Help & Support