Re-encode a video file using Handbrake (Mac)
- Download and install Handbrake.
- Open Handbrake program.
Select Source to choose the video source.
Navigate to the location of the file you wish to convert, select the file, and select
- To change the Destination of output files, select Browse.
- To keep things simple, select Documents from the Where: drop-down menu. If you would like to save your files elsewhere, select the appropriate location. Select Save.
- Select Picture Settings.
Select Loose from the Anamorphic drop-down menu.
Select 16 from the Modulus drop-down menu.
- Select the Video tab.
Select the radio button adjacent to Avg Bitrate (kbps) and enter 600.
Select the Constant Framerate radio button.
To achieve the best quality, check the 2-Pass Encoding
- Select the Audio tab.
Select Mono from the Mixdown drop-down menu.
Select 64 from the Bitrate drop-down menu.
- All set, you are ready to encode. Select Start.
- When the encode is in progress a status message will be displayed.
- Likewise, When the encode is finished, a completion message will be displayed.
For additional information on Handbrake software, please refer to the HandBrake Guide