Microsoft Office Versions
Microsoft Office is a suite of business applications that run on Windows and Mac computers, phones and tablets, and in the "cloud." Microsoft uses a variety of names for its Office suite to differentiate between their distribution methods and their licencing restrictions.
Note: Some exceptions apply. For example, if your Queen’s University owned computer is used by someone who is not Queen’s faculty, staff or grad student, you may not install Office 2013 ProPlus using the Queen’s licensing agreement.
Office 2013 ProPlus
- Licensed for faculty, staff and grad students of Queen's University for use on University owned computers.
- Downloaded from MyQueensU free of charge. (The basic service is centrally funded.)
- Authenticates using the Key Management Service (KMS) server at Queen's.
- Server must be contacted at least once every six months by the computer on which it is installed. (Note: This will happen in the background when you are connected to the internet.)
Office 365 ProPlus
- Provided free to students, faculty and Staff
- The Office suite is downloaded to the user's personal computer.
- It is a subscription licence that requires logging into Office 365 every 30 days
Office 2013 Professional
- Can be purchased by faculty, staff and grad students for use on their home computers.
- Cost covers the production of the DVD.
- This licence does not expire.