Microsoft Office Versions
Microsoft Office is a suite of business applications that run on Windows and Mac computers, phones and tablets, and in the "cloud." Microsoft uses a variety of names for its Office suite to differentiate between their distribution methods and their licencing restrictions.
Office 2013 Professional
- Can be purchased by faculty, staff and grad students for use on their home computers.
- Cost covers the production of the DVD.
- This licence does not expire.
Office 2013 ProPlus
- Licenced for faculty, staff and grad students of Queen's University for use on University owned computers.
- Downloaded from MyQueensU free of charge. (The basic service is centrally funded.)
- Authenticates using the Key Management Service (KMS) server at Queen's.
- Server must be contacted at least once every six months by the computer on which it is installed.
Office 365 ProPlus
- Distributed to licensed Office 365 users.
- It is a subscription license that requires logging into Office 365 every 30 days.
Office 365 ProPlus (Student Advantage)
- This is Office 365 ProPlus (same as above), but is provided free to students because of Queen's licencing agreement for Office Professional for faculty, staff, and grad students.
- The Office suite is downloaded to the user's computer.
Office 365 University
- Students can purchase a four year Office subscription for $79.
- Also includes 20 GB of SkyDrive storage and 60 Skype world minutes per month.
- This subscription is not exclusive to Queen's.