Upload Files to QShare
The following instructions show how to upload files to your www directory to host a web page.
For information on creating html files see the tutorial Create a Webpage on QShare
- Log in to QShare
- Navigate to the folder you want to upload your files into
- Click the Upload button
- The Upload File in: screen will open
- You can choose to use between:
- Basic Upload. This allows you to upload a single file or multiple files one at a time.
- Advanced Upload. This allows you to upload folders and their contents at one time
- Click the Advanced Upload link
- The Advnaced Upload screen will open
- You can drag and drop folders and their contents from your computer's hard drive or
- you can click the Browse button and navigate to the folder that contains your files.
- The Upload screen will be updated with the folders and files you selected to upload
- Click the Submit button
- Your files will be upload to QShare
- The QShare screen will re-open
- The folders and files you uploaded will be shown in the Document Manager Grid
- Click the Manage button to review your permissions
- The Manage screen will open
- Select Permissions
- ensure that the folder and its contents is being shared with the appropriate users.
- For a web page you want to give the Public Viewer (Read-Only) permissions.
- Others users could be give Full Access (Read, Write, Delete, Administer) permissions to allow them to update the web page.
- If you make changes to the permissions click the Apply button
- Click the Exit button
- Open the Manage => Summary screen for index.html
- The Full URL: shows the path to the index.html file
- This is the information that you will send to others or publish to allow others to see your web page.