Xythos Drive Client
NOTE: This software is licensed to department with QShare Group Accounts. QShare Group Admins have access to this software, please request the software from them..
Xythos Drive/Blackboard Drive for Windows and Mac OS X allows applications to operate directly on documents stored in QShare servers.
Xythos/Blackboard Drive differs significantly from the native Windows OS and Mac OS X ability to connect to WebDAV servers in the following ways:
- Typical applications are not designed to work properly with document management systems such as QShare. This means that when using the native WebDAV functionality, you will likely encounter a variety of problems such as the loss of file properties, tags, prior versions, workflow data, and other critical data when files are updated by applications. Blackboard Drive helps to prevent such issues using "Application Filters", which compensate for the unwanted default behaviors of specific applications. A list of these applications is provided in the "Application Filters" section of the release notes.
- Blackboard Drive caches files locally and synchronizes changes in the background. This means that when saving a large document in an application, you do not have to wait for the entire document to be uploaded to the server before continuing with your work. Caching also greatly improves performance when applications repeatedly access the same file to read data.
- Blackboard Drive provides a Status Monitor that allows you to monitor the progress of file transfers and other operations between your OS and QShare server.
- The Drive Client supports https: connection (SSL 128-bit encryption). This ensures that all files transmitted between the client and the server are protected by encryption.
- The Drive Client authenticates access allowing users to see only those directories and files they have permission to access.
- QShare also has option
The Window installers support:
- The 32-bit installer supports the 32-bit versions of 'Windows XP', 'Windows Vista' and 'Windows 7' OS.
- The 64-bit installer supports the 64-bit versions of 'Windows Vista' and 'Windows 7' OS
The Mac OS X installer supports:
- Mac OS X v 10.6 (Snow Leopard) 32 and 64-bit
- Mac OS X v 10.7 (Lion) 32 and 64-bit
- Mac OS X v 10.8 (Mountain Lion) 64-bit
Note: On Mac OS X 10.7 (Lion) and later versions, the Java runtime is not installed by default. In order to use Xythos Drive you either need to install Java runtime manually or to run Xythos Drive and follow the prompt asking for Java runtime installation.