Workshops and Lectures
Selected courses and workshops are offered to faculty and staff to introduce new services and software, and to develop greater understanding and self-sufficiency with systems and services at Queen's. Most workshops offer hands-on instruction in the FSLF Computer Lab in Macintosh-Corry B176.
Lectures are demonstration-oriented and scheduled in the Mackintosh-Corry B176 FSLF Lecture Theatre.
- Courses and workshops are available to faculty and staff possessing an active Queen's University ID numbers (i.e. having a current Queen's Employee card).
- Workshops are scheduled between September and June.
- Session dates, times, locations and registration are available from the Information Technology Services Workshop Registration System. Please note that the Workshop Registration System has moved (effective August 2010) to the Queen's Moodle system. You will use your NetID and NetID password to log into Moodle and view/register for a workshop.
- IT Administration Representatives (ITAdmin Reps) are notified of the Workshop schedule at the beginning of each term.
- Registration is required for all workshops; the process is outlined on the Registration Process page.
Training offerings focus on introducing faculty and staff to new services, systems and software at Queen's. Routine courses in widely adopted software will be offered as resources permit. To view the complete course calendar and to register for workshops, go to the Workshop Registration System.
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- Microsoft Word
- Microsoft Access
- Our courses are free, unless otherwise indicated in the course description on the registration system.
- If cancelled, the instructor or ITServices Education Coordinator will notify registrants either by email or by phone.
- To remove yourself from the registration, follow these instructions. NOTE: If you register for a session but do not attend and do not cancel your registration in advance, there is a $75.00 charge.
- Education and training policies are available from the Policies page.
- Please check the ITServices workshop descriptions for a list of prerequisites.
- It is important that all those registering in a workshop meet the prerequisites so that they will get the maximum benefit from a workshop.
Location of Workshops
- Hands-on computer workshops are located around campus. Most workshops are held in Mackintosh-Corry Hall in either the Faculty & Staff Learning Facility at B176 or in the Emerging Technology Centre at B109.
- The location of every workshop is displayed in the course description of the registration system.
Help & Support
Education & Training Office: email@example.com