This information may assist you and/or your vendor in connecting to the Queen's Wireless Network.
- Any 802.11a/b/g/n compatible network card should work with the Queen’s Wireless network. (note: 802.11n Wireless network is not available at all locations at Queen's)
- SSID of "queensu" is not encrypted and uses web-browser to authenticate with Queen's NetID.
- SSID of "QueensuSecure_WPA2" is a WPA2 encrypted network, and uses Queen's NetID to authenticate using 802.1X using PEAP protocol.
- SSID of "eduroam" is a WPA2 encrypted network, and uses Queen's NetID@Queensu.ca or other eduroam institutions email to authenticate using 802.1X. At Queen's eduroam is for visitors to connect using their home institution credentials.
- Queen's use Entrust.net Secure Server Certification Authority for signing server certificates.