Firewall Management Service
ITServices provides firewall management services by locating and operating the ITServices standard firewall hardware, currently Cisco, in protected locations within the University.
Who Can Have It?
- Departments and select organizations associated with the University.
Are There Any Costs?
How Do I Get It?
- Contact ITServices by calling 613.533.6666
- Network segmentation:
- ITServices can provide additional network segmentation within firewall networks to create additional security zone
- Additional network segments come with additional configuration and support costs
- SSL VPN Service:
- SSL VPN Services are additional costs services that allow for clientless secure connection to services and hosts behind a firewall
- SSL VPN Services uct be tailored to the specific service being offered, and come with additional licensing and support costs
- Provide initial consultation and design to determine requirements
- Advise the Department Contact on baseline and optional rules
- Provide implementation and transition services
- Install, configure, and maintain firewall hardware and its prerequisite packages
- Backup the configuration
- Provide emergency service for hardware level failures during business hours (see Normal Service Availability Schedule in Service Agreement)
Emergency repair includes:
- Coarse level diagnosis of problem to determine cause
- Reboot hardware, etc. to resolve resource shortage or deadlock
- Substitute locally available spare parts
- Correct minor configuration errors, if applicable
- Place repair calls with hardware suppliers
- Respond to and resolve questions about, problems with, and requests for enhancements to the service from the Department Contact. (See Non-Emergency Enhancements in the Service Agreement for details)
- Provide yearly reassessment of the firewall configuration and infrastructure to ensure the current deployment reflects policy and requirements
- Provide analysis and reports of firewall log results (use, attack attempts blocked, summaries, etc.) as necessary
Each firewall request will include the name of a Department Contact who will be responsible for providing direct support to the department users.
The Department Contact will:
- Adequately understand network protocols to specify departmental requirements for firewall rules clearly and accurately
- Manage the department’s firewall requirements to ensure there are no conflicting firewall rule requests
- Understand implications of access rules
- Maintain knowledge of firewall host entries
- Provide local application support if required
- Provide timely notification for change requests
Requirements & Availability:
Please see here link for the availability
of this service.
Service Level Objective
Please see the links below for Service Level Objectives:
Governing IT Policies
Users of this service are governed by the following policies, failure to comply may result, at a minimum, with suspension of service:
Help & Support
- Contact the ITServices Support Centre at 613.533.6666 during business hours or by filling out the online help form.