Change Your NetID Password
This document explains how to Change Your NetID Password. You will need to know your current password. It applies to Students, Faculty, and Staff.
If you do not remember your current password:
- Faculty and Staff will need to contact their ITAdmin Rep or the ITServices Main Office.
- Students who have completed the challenge questions and supplied an alternate email address will be able to use the NetID Self Service Password Reset Tool. If they did not complete the challenge questions and supply an alternate email address they will need to contact the IT Support Centre at 613.533.6666 or complete the Help Form.
- Go to https://netid.queensu.ca
- Enter your NetID
- Enter your password
- Click the Login button
- The NetID Profile Manger screen will open.
- From the menu select
- The Change Password screen will open
- Enter your new password
- Confirm your new password (good idea not to copy and paste ... if you originally made a mistake you would be copying the mistake)
- Click the
- Your Password will be change. Note: it could take several hours for your new password to migrate to all systems.
- Don't forget to Logout (Upper right hand corner).
- Anytime you change your NetID password, you must go back to each application in which you allowed your password to be "stored" and update the password that is being stored to your new NetID password. See the tutorial Changing and Removing Stored Passwords.