Challenge Questions and Alternate Email Address
All members of the Queen's community (students, faculty, staff and alumni) who have an active NetID have the option of creating Challenge Questions. These options allow you to reset your own password if you ever forget it.
- You can create answers to challenge questions that will allow you to access your account in order to reset the password.
- By providing an alternate email address, all password change notifications can be sent to that address (as well as your Queen's address), so you will be able to receive the change information even if you cannot access your Queen's email.
- Go to the NetID Profile Manager
- Enter your NetID
- Enter your Password
- Click the
- The NetID Profile Manager screen will open.
- Click the link, "
questions & alternate email address "
- The Change User Account Attributes screen will open
- Your NetID and Queen's email address should already be filled in
- Enter your alternate email address
- Re-enter your alternate email address to confirm it
- Answer three (or more) of the challenge questions
- Click the
- Should you forget your NetID password, you will now be able to reset it yourself using the Self-Service Password Reset Tool.