- Once your NetID is activated it will remain active in order to access services in SOLUS.
- If you receive an email indicating your NetID will be removed and you feel you have been incorrectly identified as inactive contact the ITSC (x36666) immediately
- For more information please see the Account Termination Policy.
Staff or Faculty
NetIDs can be put in a terminated state under any of the following conditions:
End of Contract
When a contract has reached the end date, the corresponding NetID is disabled immediately
Voluntary Termination of Employment
Account will be disabled once Human Resources has processed the appropriate documentation in PeopleSoft which will feed ITServices systems
Involuntary Termination of Employment
Requires the ITAdmin Rep to contact the ITSC (x36666) by phone and if the ITAdmin is unable to place this request it must come from a senior administrator in the department (example: Director, Department Head, Dean)
Options for involuntary termination:
- Deactivation of NetID: This process would prevent all NetID access and stop any email from being received or sent.
- Disable the NetID: The password for the NetID is changed, limiting access to only the individual with the new password. Email will continue to be received to the account.
- Requests to access an account that has been deactivated or disabled will be restricted to the ITAdmin or senior administrator