- Once your NetID is activated it will remain active until you are no longer registered at Queen's. At that point your account will be marked as inactive.
- In February an email will be sent to all inactive accounts notifying the owner that the account will be removed in March.
- If you receive an email indicating your NetID will be removed and you feel you have been incorrectly identified as inactive contact the ITServices General Office immediately.
- For more information please see the Account Termination Policy.
Staff or Faculty
Termination of staff or faculty by Queen's University requires the Departmental ITAdmin Rep (Computing) to send a notice to G13email@example.com. Event details will be coordinated at that time.
Options for termination:
- Deactivation of NetID: This process would prevent all NetID access and stop any email from being received.
- Disable the NetID: The password for the NetID is changed, limiting access to only those with the new password. Email will continue to be received.
- Accounts deactivated when employment is terminated by Queen's will have the account deleted within one week unless other arrangements have been requested by the department.