Manually Back Up Selected Files
If you just want to backup a few selected files, use these instructions.
Note: TSM Daily has an option to Backup Now. This can be used to initiate a scheduled backup immediately.
- Open TSM
- From the Start menu select All Programs
- Scroll down to Tivoli Storage Manager
- Select Backup-Archive GUI
- The TSM screen will open
- The TSM Backup screen will open, allowing you to choose what to backup
- Click beside Local to expand the branch so you can see what will be backed up.
- You will see a line for each hard drive in your computer. Note in the screenshot there is only one hard drive, the C drive.
- Click to expand it (highlighted in yellow)
- In the screen shot below there are 3 directories (highlighted in green) on the C drive that are being backed up. Nothing else on this hard drive, including Documents and Settings will be backed up.
- you can examine your tree structure further by selecting a directory and then from the View menu select Expand entire branch to see what is being backed up
- Once files have been selected the Backup button will be available. Click the Backup button to perform a backup.
- When the Backup is completed, check that your backup is working as you expected.