Managed Services for Windows - Shared MS SQL Database Server
ITServices offers MS SQL Database Server access to departments via a dedicated, ITServices-hosted SQL Server.
Applications which require system administrative rights on the SQL server will not be permitted, in order to preserve the security and reliability of other hosted databases.
- House, maintain, and administer the server (create databases, user accounts and database permissions);
- Install, configure, and maintain the server operating system and database server with patches and virus detection;
- Provide power conditioning, cooling, humidity control, fire protection, and physical security protection;
- Backup and restore client databases to/from the server (7 daily versions stored);
- Administer database user accounts;
- Respond to and resolve questions about, problems with, and requests for enhancements to the service from designated client contacts; and
- Provide emergency and after hours service for server level failures. Emergency repair outside of weekday business hours is limited to:
- Coarse level diagnosis of problem to determine cause;
- Reboot server, clear temporary files, etc. to resolve resource shortage or deadlock;
- Substitute locally available spare parts if available;
- Correct minor configuration errors if applicable; and
- Place repair calls with hardware suppliers for next business day.
- Please refer to the MS SQL Database entry on the Service Fees page for details.