Microsoft Lync is available to Exchange and Office 365 users and can be used for instant messaging, video conferencing and voice communication.
Please note: Lync is not a formal form of communication and not meant to take the place of email or other types of official correspondence used for conducting University business.
Who Can Have It?
- Lync is available to Queen's faculty, staff, and students
- Lync is accessed using your Queen's email address and password. (Note: this must be your NetID@queensu.ca)
What Platforms does Lync work on?
- Windows 7, Service Pack 1
- Windows 8
- Mac OS X 10.5, or a later version
Are There Any Costs?
- There is no cost for the service
- The basic client is provided at no cost and is available from MyqueensU in the Software Centre. It can be used on campus or off campus
- If Office 2013 is installed on your PC or device, then Lync 2013 is included with it.
How Do I Get It?
Lync is included with Office 2013. If you are not running Office 2013 download the client
- Log in to MyQueensU and download the client from the Software Centre
- Lync 2013 Basic 32-bit for Windows (recommended)
- Lync 2013 Basic 64-bit for Windows
- Lync 2011 for Mac
For Mobile devices
- Search for Lync 2013 at the device's app store.
- The targeted availability of this service is twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week (24 x 7).
- Users of the service should expect occasional but infrequent service interruptions or slowdowns, both planned and unplanned.
- Where it is necessary to schedule system maintenance that involves a service outage, ITServices will do this outside of regular business hours whenever possible.
- Check the ITServices Notification page for information about unplanned service outages.
Standard Hours of Operation
Service Level Objective
Please see the links below for Service Level Objectives:
Governing IT Policies
Users of this service are governed by the following policies, failure to comply may result, at a minimum, with suspension of service:
Help & Support
ITServices can help with ...
Or, contact the IT Support Centre by calling 613.533.6666 during regular business hours or by filling out the online help form.