IT Administrative Representative
A departmental ITAdmin Rep is a liaison and communications conduit between their department and ITServices. The ITAdmin Rep can request services, changes, and support on behalf of the department. An ITAdmin Rep is designated by their Department Head and cannot be a student.
Every department should have at least one ITAdmin Rep, however, we strongly encourage departments to appoint two individuals so there is no break in service to your department. Some of the large departments have several reps appointed.
The process to become a new ITAdmin Rep, or change a current ITAdmin Rep requires the following items to be completed:
- Download the Application form.
- ITAdmin Rep candidate completes the form.
- Obtain the Department Head's signature on the acknowledgement form.
- The completed questionnaire and signed acknowledgement form is submitted to ITS Main Office (Dupuis Hall G13).
- receive early notice from ITServices regarding new services, service changes, and service interruptions
- are authorized by their department head to request computer accounts and services for their department
- keep people in their department informed of IT developments
- collaborate and share best practices with other ITAdmin Reps
- The ITAdmin Rep is the first contact point from ITS to the department, and from the department to ITS.
- ITS distributes information technology-related policy, standards, news, alerts, and updates to the ITAdmin Reps.
- Most information delivered to the ITAdmin Rep is forwarded on to other members within the department (ie. faculty, staff, students, or all three groups).
- The ITAdmin Rep is the contact for Faculty and Staff password issues.
- ITAdmin Reps can request password resets by contacting the ITServices Support Centre (x36666) or by bringing photo ID to the Learning Commons IT Helpdesk, located on the main floor of Stauffer Library (Monday to Friday: 9 a.m. - 12 p.m., 1 - 4 p.m.)
- ITAdmin Reps can submit a password change request using the Password Reset Form located in the ITAdmin Restricted Resources.
E-mail Account Creation:
- New personal, departmental and academic course computing accounts must be requested through the ITAdmin Rep.
Departmental Telephone and E-mail Directory Updates:
- The ITAdmin Rep is responsible for updating entries in the Queen's telephone and e-mail directories for people in their department.
- All requests for changes in your telephone service should be directed to your ITAdmin Rep. The ITAdmin Rep co-ordinates the configuration of telephones and the payment of service charges for your department. Your ITAdmin Rep administers the restrictions on your phone.
- Please notify your ITAdmin Rep as soon as possible of changes to your listing in the directory. Keeping your information up-to-date will assist the University Operator in handling your calls correctly, will keep your listing in the On-Line directory correct, and will minimize the time spent correcting the data to produce the directory. Your efforts to keep your listings up-to-date as soon as they change does have a significant impact on the accuracy and production time of the directory.
Help & Support