Forwarding Emails to Another Account Outlook 2011
This tutorial shows how to forward your emails to an external account such as Gmail or Hotmail.
- Click Tools in the toolbar, and select Rules...
- Make sure on the left pane, you select your account (probably named Queensu) under OFFICE 365
- Click the plus sign at the bottom left
- The Rule name screen will open
- At the Rule name: field, type something that’ll help you recognize the rule, such as “Mail Forwarding to Gmail”
- Under When a new message arrives that meets all these conditions: select “All Messages” in the drop down menu
- Under Do the following: select Redirect to in the drop down menu
- Type in your external email address in the box
- Uncheck the box Do not apply other rules to messages that meet the same conditions
- Make sure to check the box Enabled
- Click OK
- Close the Rules window, a dialogue window will come up – click Save
Creating a Rule that Also Removes Email from the Server
If you choose to forward your email to another email account you will need to either continue to maintain your O365 email account ensuring you do not go over quota, or delete the forwarded emails from the O365 server. This involves adding one simple action to the rule.
Follow the instructions exactly as above, then click the plus button under Do the Following: (on the right) and add delete.