Vacation Messages Outlook 2010
This tutorial teaches you how to create an auto-reply for emails for when you're out of the office.
Creating Automatic Replies
- Click File to open the Backstage view
- Select Info
- Click Automatic Replies in the main pane
- The Automatic Replies dialogue will appear. From this, you will be presented with a variety of options:
- Turn Automatic Replies on or off
- Choose a time range for your Automatic Reply (e.g. the length of your vacation). Although a setting a time range is recommended, it is not necessary.
- You can switch between the two tabs to set unique Automatic Replies for co-workers or for contacts outside your organization.
- Type your Automatic Reply in the text field at the bottom. You can customize font, colour etc.
- Click the OK button when finished
Turn Off Automatic Replies
If you did not set a specific time range for your Automatic Replies, Outlook will continue to send Automatic Replies until you choose to turn off this feature. To turn off Automatic Replies:
- Click File to open the backstage view
- Select Info
- The Automatic Replies (Out of Office)section will be highlighted and tell you that automatic replies are currently being sent.
- Click the Turn off button to stop sending Automatic Replies.
- If you are worried that you might forget to turn off your Automatic Replies, Outlook will ask you if you want to turn off your automatic replies whenever you sign in to Microsoft Exchange via the Outlook client. This message will appear directly below the Ribbon.
- Click the Turn off button to stop sending automatic replies.