Creating a Vacation Message
Vacation messages can be created to tell others, both inside Queen's and outside Queen's that you will not be answering your email immediately.
- Select Options
- Select See All Options...
- The Options menu will open
- From the Navigation menu select Organize E-mail
- From the top Navigation menu select Automatic Replies
- Select the radio button beside Send automatic replies
- To set the time frame your message will be in effect check the box beside Send replies only during this time period:and select the Start time and End time.
- In the first text box enter the message you would like to send to people in your organization that send your email during your vacation. Note: each email address will only receive one email message.
- You have the option of sending a message to people who are not in your organization. You can also choose whether to send a message to everyone not in your organization, or only to those who are in your Contacts list.
- In the second text box enter the message you would like sent.
- When you are finished with your message click the Savebutton
- If you do not create a time frame for your message you will receive a remindfer each time you log in to your email account asking if you would like to turn the automatic reply off.
- You can also follow the steps above and turn off the message yourself