Filtering meeting related emails to a separate folder
in Outlook 2011
If you get a lot of meeting invites and responses, it may be a good idea to set up a rule to filter those meeting related emails to land in a separate folder rather than your inbox. Just make sure you regularly go to your "Meeting" folder to check the emails!
- Open the Rules window through Tools on the tool bar.
- Click the + button to add a new rule.
- You must add two separate rules, one for Meeting Responses and one for Meeting Requests.
- fill in the fields as the screen shots below indicate
Filtering meeting related emails (received as delegate) to a separate folder
This is useful if you're a delegate for one or more people. You don't want their meeting related emails to get mixed up with your own! Therefore, you must specify to Outlook which emails are for you and which ones are for them.
- Create two folders, for example My Meeting Invites and Jeff’s Meeting Invites
- Create the two rules for your own calendar related emails using the instruction above
- But add an exception: Header Contains “X-MS-Exchange-Inbox-Rules-Loop: **Insert owner’s email here** ”
- See example screen shots below (the boss' email in screenshot is firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Then, create
two more rules for your boss' meeting related emails
- Add a new condition: Header Contains “X-MS-Exchange-Inbox-Rules-Loop: **Insert owner’s email here** ”
- See example screen shots below
- Close the Rules window and click Save.