Share a Shared Mailbox with another person
Only the IT Admin Rep can give permissions to a shared mailbox to another person. To give another person permission to access a shared mailbox you must log into OWA (Outlook Web App).
Note: Any changes to membership or owners takes at least 2 hours and could be overnight.
- Log into OWA
- From the Option menu select See All Options...
- The Options menu will open
- From the left navigation menu select Groups
- From the Public Groups I Own select the name of the shared mailbox group you want to work with
- The shared mailbox options will open
- Open the Membership group
- Click the Add button
- The GAL will open
- In the search box enter the surname of the person you want to add
- Click the Search button
- The list of names that meet your search requirements will open
- Select the name of the person you want to add
- The name will appear at the bottom in the Add box
- Click the OK button
- The Options screen will re-open
- The person you added now has permission to access the mailbox.
- You will need to send them the email address of the shared mailbox. The password is not required because they will access the Shared Mailbox through their own email account.